What is Wikalong?
Wikalong is a Firefox Extension that embeds a wiki in the Sidebar of your browser, which corresponds to the current page you are viewing.
In its simplest form, a wiki-margin for the internet, but it can be much more.
We need to finalize a logo.
What are some possible uses?
- Also See. Interactive pointers on where else to look
- Discussion. Just plain old commentary
- Notes. Plain old note taking
- A roaming blog. Use kwiki's blog feature and you can edit, others can view your thoughts on a site by site basis
- Web Site development (don't forget you could restrict your wiki behind http auth)
- Developer Notes, todo lists on a page by page
- Corporate Notes, suggestions to developers,
things they'ld like to see
- Support / Sales Tool, script or advice to support
team (on a per page basis, you get the idea)
- Users install for self help
- Adblock. Recording of effective Adblock filters for the current page.
- Product reviews. Perhaps eventually with Amazon-like ratings?
What's left to do?
- Pierre Magistry for help with migration to Firefox 1.5 and
cleaning up the layout of the extension files.
- Yhancik for current WikalongLogo
- I just want to thank all the people that have been
using this and getting it started! I appreciate your
patience with the numerous bugs and problems.
- Many more to come for helping me with this.